I am so thankful to a particular family that passed this corn casserole recipe on to me years ago. It is so moist and delicious that I was very excited to bring home the recipe and cook it for my husband. He loved it and we agreed it was way better than making a boring bowl of cooked corn for Thanksgiving.
This corn casserole recipe is so simple to make and has only 6 ingredients! Simply mix them altogether and pop in the oven for one hour and you are done. It is a great compliment to any dinner or even a big holiday meal. Or, maybe you are like me and you get a CSA basket every week (click here to find out what that is). Late summer and early fall we get a ton of fresh field peas and so, about once a week, I make a big pot of Pea Soup while the corn casserole is in the oven and serve the peas over the corn casserole. Yum!
So try it out, it is sure to impress your family and loved ones. Oh, and my best tip is to mix it all in the casserole dish and save on clean up time later!
- 1 stick (or 1/2 cup) melted margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can cream style corn (entire can)
- 1 can whole corn (partially drained)
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Using a 9x9 dish beat the margarine and eggs together.
- Add each of the ingredients, one at a time, and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed place casserole in the oven for 60-75 minutes.
- To tell when it is done insert a toothpick in the middle of casserole and when it comes out clean it is done cooking.
Do you know how healthy corn is for you? Check out this post to find out. Knowledge is power.